If you have your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert certification and are looking at renewing soon, Adobe just made things a lot easier. Starting in 2023, they introduced a brand new, free, and unproctored version of the exam that makes maintaining your certification even easier!
Keeping your certification current
When you receive your Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Certification, it will only be current for two years. However, before your two years expire, you will receive an email notification to renew your expert-level certification to remain your certificate active and current.
What to know about the renewal exam
There are a few key things to know about the renewal exam:
- You must have a current certification and take the renewal exam before it expires.
- The renewal exam is much shorter and only contains 40 questions with 80 minutes to complete.
- There is no cost to take the renewal exam, and it can be taken at any time through the Adobe Credential Management site.
- The exam is unproctored, is open book, and you may take the exam up to three times.
What does the exam include
The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice and multiple-select questions, and you will have 80 minutes to complete the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience will be critical in helping you pass the exam. Here are some recommended materials that can help you prepare for the exam. The exam guide highlights the areas covered:
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Field Management, CRM Sync, Audit Trail, User Administration, Workspaces and Partitions, Smart Lists, Custom Field)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Synching with Salesforce, CRM integrations)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Random Sample, Smart Campaign with data value fire, Wait Steps, member.webinar url, Campaign Inspector, Filter Logic, Using Tokens in Emails, Lead creation via Form Fill Out, Assets and Workspaces, Managing Forms)
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Smart Lists, Smart Campaigns, Demand Generation Forms, Demand Generation Events, Email Marketing, Creating Programs, Events, Audit Trail, Working with Programs, Administration Tags, Drip Nurturing, Landing Pages, Tokens, Administration Additional Integrations, Webhook, Program Member Custom Fields, Workspace and Person Partitions)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Build a Lead Lifecycle Program video, Unsubscribe from Email)
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Smart Campaigns, Marketo Sales Insight, Interesting Moments, Managing People in Smart Lists, System Managed Fields)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Maintaining a Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails article, How to Manage Your Marketo Database for Deliverability support blog, Marketo Activities Data Retention Policy – Under the Hood article)
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Email Marketing Hard and Soft Bounces, Report Types, Personalization, Dynamic Content)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Setting Acquisition best practices article)
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Reporting, Performance Insights, Program Performance Report, Editing reports, Program Membership)
- The Definitive Guide to Lead Scoring
- Adobe Experience League – Marketo Engage Product Documentation (Working with Programs, Email Marketing, A/B Testing)
- Adobe Marketo Nation (Mind your QA Process)
In conclusion, Adobe has made it a lot easier for candidates to renew their Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Certification. It is now an open-book exam, and to top it off, it is now free! Even though it is not required to have an active Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Certificate in order to use Adobe Marketo Engage is always a great asset to have.